Where: University of manitoba, st. john's college
92 dysart road
when: friday FEBRUARY 17, 2017
from 8:00am to 5:00pm
View the Press Release here.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL FLYER AND PROGRAM HERE
- 8:00 - Registration and Coffee
- 8:30 - Opening Ceremony with Leslie Spillet
- 9:00 - Organizing Team Address and Saint John's College Welcome
- 9:30 - Morning Panel and Workshops
- Rosanna Deerchild & Kim Wheeler, Storytelling on National Ikwe Radio
- Gary Farmer & Kathleen Buddle, A History of Aboriginal Voices Radio
- Miles Morrisseau, On Nativebeat, Indian Country Today & more
- Moderator: Peter Kulchyski, UM Native Studies
- Technology and Skill-sharing with 101.5 UMFM
- 11:45 - Instructions for Afternoon Sessions
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 - Afternoon Panel and Workshops
- Jim Compton on Adam Beach Film Institute & Youth Engagement, plus WAFF
- MP Robert-Falcon Ouellette, At the Edge of Canada on UMFM
- Lenard Monkman, Red Rising Magazine on Print & Internet Publishing
- Moderator - Trevor Phillips, UMFM Radio
- Technology and Skill-sharing with www.openbroadcaster.pro
- 3:00 - Break
- 3:15 - Discussion Topic: The CRTC Process
- How would you like the CRTC consultation process to be conducted?
- How should the review process itself be changed?
- 4:00 - Break
- 4:15 - Discussion Topic: CRTC Policy
- What should the policy entail?
- What are the elements to include or exclude?
- What changes would be required to the Broadcasting Act to ensure the policy is upheld?
See Native Radio Policy - CRTC Public Notice 1990-89