To continue the conversation, we invite you to review the conference archive:
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Registration and Coffee
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Drumming Welcome and Opening Comments by Catherine Anne Martin (filmmaker)
- 10:00 - 10:05 - Organizing Team Address
- 10:05 - 11:35 - Indigenous voices? Challenges in community radio
- Speakers: Francella Fiallos (CKDU program director), Maureen Googoo (Kukukwes podcaster/reporter), & Aggie Baby (Membertou Radio announcer/producer)
- 11:35 - 12:00 - Review of Gatherings in Manitoba, Nunavut, Alberta, and British Colombia
- 12:00 - 1:00 - Break for Lunch (not provided)
- 1:00 - 1:30 - Decolonization? Hand the media back! A view from Pjilasi Mi'kma'ki, Annie Claire, podcaster
- 1:30 - 2:15 - Discussion on CRTC Process and CRTC Policy
- How would you like the CRTC consultation process to be conducted for reviewing the Native Broadcasting Policy?
- How should the review process itself be changed?
- What should the Native Broadcasting Policy entail?
- What are the elements to include or exclude?
- What changes would be required to the Broadcasting Act to ensure the policy is upheld?
- See Native Radio Policy - CRTC Public Notice 1990-89
- 2:15 - 2:30 - Break
- 2:30 - 4:00 - Preserving Indigenous Language: Challenges and Solutions, Morris Prokop, ED OKâlaKatiget Society & e-Centres: Community-based production/broadcast facilities, Brian Beaton, Treasurer, First Mile Connectivity Consortium