DOWNLOAD THE FULL FLYER AND PROGRAM HERE
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Registration and Coffee
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Opening Ceremony by Reuben Quinn and Organizing Team Address
- 10:00 - 11:30 - “World-Building in the Dystopian Now: Imagining and Podcasting Indigenous Futures” presentations and panel discussion with podcasters Chelsea Vowel and Molly Swain from Métis In Space & Lauren Crazybull from This is Blackfoot Territory
- 11:30 - 12:00 - Review of conversations in Winnipeg & Iqaluit
- 12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch (concurrent with slideshow & audio listening to the archive)
- 1:00 - 1:30 - “Revitalizing Indian Story-telling in the Media” Presentaton by Jodi Stonehouse - host of Acimowin on CJSR 88.5 FM
- 1:30 - 2:15 - Discussion on CRTC Process and Policy
- How would you like the CRTC consultation process to be conducted for reviewing the Native Broadcasting Policy?
- How should the review process itself be changed?
- What should the Native Broadcasting Policy entail?
- What are the elements to include or exclude?
- What changes would be required to the Broadcasting Act to ensure the policy is upheld?
- See Native Radio Policy - CRTC Public Notice 1990-89
- 2:15 - 2:30 - Break
- 2:30 - 4:00 - "Why we will never be treated as equals?" Presentation by Les Carpenter, Native Communications Society (NCS) of the NWT and "Engaging the CRTC" panel discussion with Les Carpenter (NCS-NWT), Rob McMahon (uAlberta), and Michael Lithgow (Athabasca U)